Saturday, June 25, 2016

She's Back...Back...Back Again!

I'm back home again in Indiana. What a crazy week it has been. Still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that this time last weekend I was finishing up my last exam and taking in my last moments of Leuven.

While I thought the transition would be difficult coming back home, it really hasn't been for the most part. I have been busy reconnecting with friends and family, unpacking (which is finished - yay!), and getting organized for my relocation down to Louisville on Monday. SO EXCITED to make that place home for the summer.

I was extremely lucky having smooth travels home. This was my first time traveling completely alone, and let me say - I was pretty proud of myself! Apparently no one in Belgium was trying to catch a flight to Philadelphia, so I had a complete row to myself on the plane! Sadly American Airlines does not provide TV's on the back of the seat in front of you, so I had to make due. I came prepared though, and got through a good chunk of the book Me Before You.

This is from the GPS on my phone while I was traveling home - so close to Greenland! 
Let me just say, no matter where I am in this world, it is always so lovely to come back home to my family. My sister couldn't make it to the airport, but I was immediately greeted by my mom at the arrival gate. SO HAPPY! Jet lag didn't stop me, as we all went out for Mexican food straight from the airport.

A new favorite of mine in Fishers that Katie and I discovered this week - The Flying Cupcake & Dancing Donut
My sister and I have gone on a couple adventures this week - and I even did a bit of a change with my haircut. Still getting used to it, but I really like it!


Honestly, I've been jumping back into my life just how I left it five months ago. While it's been easy to reacclimatize to the culture here, I feel a bit lost. I just went from months of seeing the world, back to the routine of home life, work, and commuting. While I'm so happy to be with my family, I just feel a bit empty. Reality is starting to set in and I've got to figure out what to do with my life in the next year -- to be quite honest, I have no clue what I'm going to do.

Ultimately, my dream right now would be getting this blog running off the ground and making a career out of professional blogging. I know this isn't realistic at the moment, but a girl can dream. I came to love blogging so much abroad, that I want to continue it with my adventures in the Midwest this summer.

For now, I can't wait to update about my internship, life in Louisville/Indy, and getting ready for my senior year! As always, thanks for reading! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment